In Case Of An Accident
Being injured in an auto accident can have devastating effects on all aspects of your life. Just in an instant, you can be left with a long and painful recovery, mounting medical bills, lost wages, life-long trauma, and inability to do things that you love. Motor vehicle accidents can result in serious injuries and permanent disabilities, and with insurance companies doing everything in their power to minimize claims, the entire experience can leave you and your family financially crippled. In such a situation, you need a professional helping hand to legally assist you in getting a fair compensation for all your damages.
At the Law Offices of Malik A. Shakur, our attorneys have more than 20 years of experience and in-depth knowledge of Maryland laws to help you win a claim against the responsible party. We work with you to protect your rights and ensure you get all insurance benefits and compensation you are entitled to receive for your injuries.
Types of Maryland Auto Accident Cases We Handle
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Drunk driving accident
- Bicycle accidents
- Rear end collisions
- Hit and run
We opt for a client-centric approach and focus on thoroughly understanding the case before devising a legal strategy. We work with you close at every step, and ensure that every aspect of your case is taken into account to build a strong case, in order to get the maximum compensation. We provide aggressive legal representation, and do not shy away from any opposition to fight for what you rightfully deserve. Our attorney works diligently to negotiate a settlement, and if necessary, takes the case to court for litigation.
Damages You can Recover from an Auto Accident Claim
- Medical expenses
- Future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property loss
- Pain and suffering
Our attorney takes time to thoroughly investigate the cause of the accident, gather solid evidence to establish negligence, and vigorously pursue your case to obtain full compensation.
Why Choose the Law Office of Malik A. Shakur for your Auto Accident Case
DOs and Don’ts
- Report the accident to the Department of
Motor Vehicles as soon as possible.
- Write a complete description of the accident
while it’s fresh in your mind.
- Have even minor damage fixed. Letting your
car go unrepaired can cost you in the long
- Never discuss accident details with anyone other than police and insurance company.
- Never agree to a phone recording or give a signed statement to other drivers claims adjuster/insurance company.
- Don’t be fooled by a lower estimate. You have the right to choose the body shop. Don’t sign release until every detail is repaired to your satisfaction.
- Never allow your car to be towed to a repair shop you are unfamiliar with, Don’t authorize repairs by signing a tow release unless you have decided to have your car repaired by the shop it’s being towed to.
Discuss your Case with a Maryland Auto Accident Attorney Today
Whether you have been injured due to negligence of another driver, hazardous road conditions, or under any other circumstances, you can rely on our attorney to fight for your rights and win a fair compensation for all your damages. Contact the Law Office of Malik A. Shakur today at (301) 772 – 5773 to schedule an initial consultation and evaluate your legal options.